Cerebrolysin® should be administered as an adjunctive treatment to standard TBI care. The administration initiated optimally as soon as possible post-TBI and continued throughout the rehabilitation phase.
|Disorder||Daily dosage||Initiation of treatment||Duration of treatment|
|Traumatic brain injury||20 - 50 ml||as soon as possible||7 - 30 days|
|IV infusion||10ml - 50ml||diluted to at least 100ml total|
volume with Saline, Ringer solution
or 5% glucose solution
|Infuse within 15 minutes|
|To guarantee sterility, always use disposable one-way infusion sets and cannulas! |
Do not store the infusion solution, start the infusion as quickly as possibe after dilution!
Cerebrolysin® should not be mixed with balanced amino acid solutions, vitamins and cardiovascular medicinal products.
|IV injection||up to 10ml||undiluted||inject slowly|
over 3 minutes
|IM injection||up to 5ml||undiluted||inject slowly|
over 3 minutes
|The IV or IM injection has to be administered immediately after opening the ampoule!|
Special precautions to guarantee sterility must be taken during dilution and administration of Cerebrolysin®:
- Remove solution from ampoules immediately before use
- Do not leave an open ampoule on the treatment table
- Always use only disposable one-way IV infusions sets and cannulas
- When Cerebrolysin® is administered via a long-term IV catheter, the catheter has to be rinsed before and after the application with physiological sodium chloride solution
- Pay special attention to recommended infusion/injection times page before
More information please find in our Dosage recommendation.
This information is based on the Austrian Summary of Product Characteristics. The prescribing information in your country may vary; please consult your local prescribing information and/or contact your local EVER representative.