Cerebrolysin® belongs to agents used in post-stroke rehabilitation and it is recommended that its administration should be initiated as early as possible, usually within a few hours post-stroke. The recommended dosage range is between 20 and 50 ml per day. For the treatment of stroke Cerebrolysin® should be used as an add-on treatment to standard intervention.
|Disorder||Daily dosage||Initiation of treatment||Duration of treatment|
|Stroke||20 - 50 ml||as soon as possible||10 - 21 days|
10ml - 50ml
diluted to at least 100ml total
Infuse within 15 minutes
To guarantee sterility, always use disposable one-way infusion sets and cannulas!
up to 10ml
up to 5ml
The IV or IM injection has to be administered immediately after opening the ampoule!
Special precautions to guarantee sterility must be taken during dilution and administration of Cerebrolysin®:
- Remove solution from ampoules immediately before use
- Do not leave an open ampoule on the treatment table
- Always use only disposable one-way IV infusions sets and cannulas
- When Cerebrolysin® is administered via a long-term IV catheter, the catheter has to be rinsed before and after the application with physiological sodium chloride solution
- Pay special attention to recommended infusion/injection times page before
More information please find in our Dosage recommendation.
This information is based on the Austrian Summary of Product Characteristics. The prescribing information in your country may vary; please consult your local prescribing information and/or contact your local EVER representative.