In stroke and TBI Cerebrolysin® should be administered as an adjunctive treatment to standard TBI care. The administration initiated optimally as soon as possible and continued throughout the rehabilitation phase.
For the treatment of dementia one therapy course corresponds to a therapy duration of 4 weeks (5 applications/week). The effectiveness of therapy can be increased by repeated courses after treatment-free periods of 2 - 3 months until no further benefit is observed.
|Disorder||Daily dosage||Initiation of treatment||Duration of treatment|
|Stroke||20 - 50 ml||as soon as possible||10 - 21 days|
|Traumatic brain injury||20 - 50 ml||as soon as possible||7 - 30 days|
|Vascular dementia||10 - 30 ml||as soon as possible||1 cycle: 5 days weekly/4 weeks|
2-4 cycles per year
|Alzheimer's disease||20 - 50 ml||as soon as possible||1 cycle: 5 days weekly/4 weeks|
2-4 cycles per year
10ml - 50ml
diluted to at least 100ml total
Infuse within 15 minutes
To guarantee sterility, always use disposable one-way infusion sets and cannulas!
up to 10ml
up to 5ml
The IV or IM injection has to be administered immediately after opening the ampoule!
Special precautions to guarantee sterility must be taken during dilution and administration of Cerebrolysin®:
- Remove solution from ampoules immediately before use
- Do not leave an open ampoule on the treatment table
- Always use only disposable one-way IV infusions sets and cannulas
- When Cerebrolysin® is administered via a long-term IV catheter, the catheter has to be rinsed before and after the application with physiological sodium chloride solution
- Pay special attention to recommended infusion/injection times page before
More information please find in our Dosage recommendation.
This information is based on the Austrian Summary of Product Characteristics. The prescribing information in your country may vary; please consult your local prescribing information and/or contact your local EVER representative.